What Codec Tweak Tool actually does is scanning the registry in order to detect broken references to codecs and filters, generating a detailed list of all the codecs and filters installed on your system, and enabling or disabling more than 200 codecs.
Codec Tweak Tool has a minimal interface, but its utility is undeniable when you are dealing with some codec pack that is not working. With a size of less than 1 MB, this tiny application not only finds and removes broken codecs or filters; it clears the Windows icon cache, it re-registers base DirectShow filters, it backs up or restores setting and it repairs broken thumbnail settings.
Broken thumbnail repairing is possible, regardless of the video formats on your computer, from AVI to MKV and from MPEG to WMV. Codec Tweak Tool does complicated things fast so you don’t have to deal with them.
It resets settings to recommended values for the most popular DirectShow filters and codecs; This configures audio output settings; it replaces your current settings with those from a previous backup; it configures your chosen DirectShow splitters for the most common file extensions and the list does not end here.
The K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool is a portable utility that can detect and fix a lengthy list of PC video problems. By default, it will detect and remove (with your permission) broken codecs, small programs that are used for encoding or decoding audio or video streams. If your PC used to play a particular video file type but doesn’t anymore, then this may help.
The program can also help you reset default codec settings, or configure them in more detail. Having problems with Xvid videos, say? Check “DirectShow filter configuration”, click Next, and, if it’s present, click the Xvid Decoder button. Here you can set values like Brightness or Aspect Ratio that will affect how all Xvid videos will be rendered in the future.
You’re able to apply similar configuration tweaks for other filters. It’s easy to list all your installed codecs and filters, which could be useful if, say, a video plays on one of your PCs but not another (run the tweak tool on both, look at the installed filters and note any differences). And you can also back up your codec and filter settings for easy restoration later.
And the Tweak Tool can even access some little known Windows Explorer settings. Would you like Explorer to generate thumbnails for all the videos you can play, for instance? Check “Thumbnail settings for Windows Explorer”, select the appropriate file changes and you should be able to see the change right away.
K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool is an excellent video and audio troubleshooting and cleanup utility. It’s targeted at experienced users, though, so if you don’t understand some of its options, be careful here – make sure System Restore is running so, if necessary, you can easily restore previous Registry settings.
- Scan the registry to detect and remove broken references to codecs and filters
- Generate a detailed log of all installed codecs and filters
- Enable/disable more than 250 popular codecs and filters
- Manage preferred source filters (a.k.a. splitters)
- Reset settings
- Scan the registry to detect and remove broken references to codecs and filters.
- Generate a detailed log of all installed codecs and DirectShow filters.
- Enable/disable more than 250 popular codecs and filters (if they are installed).
- Manage preferred source filters (a.k.a. splitters).
- Reset settings.
- Backup and restore settings.
- Adjust preferred decoders on Windows 7/8/10.
- Various tweaks for disabling MS codecs on Windows 7/8/10.
Operating System Requirements:
Windows 10, Windows 7 (32 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit), Windows 8, Windows Vista (32 bit), Windows Vista (64 bit), Windows XP
How to do Crack Activation?
- Download from the given button or link.
- Uninstall the Previous version with IObit Uninstaller Pro.
- Extract the WinRAR file.
- Install the setup and close it from everywhere.
- Now Open the “Crack” or “Patch” file, copy and paste into installation directory and run.
- Or use the key to register the Program.
- All done enjoy